Sunday, January 08, 2012

Consumer tip: watch delivery options when buying theater tickets on the web

This is not really an id-security issue, but it is a consumer issue.

On Tuesday, Dec. 27 I bought a ticket for a performance of “Jersey Boys” at the National Theater Jan. 5.  I thought the price was about $125, from the National’s website.  I checked an option to have a ticket mailed.  I later discovered that this convenience had cost an extra $29.  Maybe FedEx makes sense close to performance date, but there was time. And the ticket when delivered was exactly the same e-Ticket I had printed out the same day. And the price printed on it was just $66.

I didn’t have any problems at all in early December with “Sister Act” in NYC from Broadway.com, and the total for that show as just $51.50.  But Jersey Boys in Washington turned out to be a rip-off.  I will say, I haven’t run into anything like this with the Kennedy Center. 

No comments: