Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Macy's turns me down despite high credit score: bait, and deny


Well, today I got a letter from Macy’s turning me down.  After one week ago today, the store baited me to apply for an unnecessary card.

I had a credit score of 845/900 from Experian (I think this is the Vantage score).  I thought that was good.  But yet the letter says.

“Excessive amount owed on accounts”;

“Proportion of loan balances to loan amounts is too high”;

“Time since most recent account opening is too short”;

“Too many accounts with balances”;

 “Too many inquiries last 12 months:.

I do have several cards, and I pay the balance in full each month, usually two or three days ahead of time, online, electronically.  But there is often an unbilled amount that will carry over to the next month.  So the reasons seem very silly.  All payments are made on time (except for one disputed USAir membership fee, which was supposedly cleared up.)

Maybe the USAirways escapade looked bad (Nov. 23, 2011).
   
By the way, on my main “BillBoushka” blog today, I discussed the “service” by Frank Ahearn to help people “disappear” online.  That’s not exactly the same thing as identity security. 

No comments: